This is Part 4 of our Toxin Free Family series. We will continue learning how you identify and eradicate the hidden toxins in your home that may be harming your family’s health and wellness. Read on to continue to discover natural substitutions and simple DIY solutions that will give you peace of mind that your home is not actually a source of unhealthy elements doing more harm than good to your family’s health.
The 3 most common toxins in Household Cleaners are listed below.
- 2-Butoxyethanol (window and multi-purpose cleaners)
- Risks: sore throat when inhaled; at high levels can contribute to narcosis, pulmonary edema, and severe liver and kidney damage.
- Ammonia (bathroom and window cleaners; jewelry cleaners)
- Risks: can trigger asthma, chronic bronchitis with regular to frequent exposure.
- Bleach and Chlorine (scouring powders, toilet bowl cleaners, mildew removers, laundry whiteners)
- Risks: respiratory and skin irritant (acute), can be a hormone disrupter (chronic)
A Natural Option for Household Cleaners
Thieves Household Cleaner is a powerful, all-purpose, concentrated cleaner formulated with 100% plant and mineral based ingredients. Thieves Household Cleaner is biodegradable and complies with EPA standards.
Formulated with the power of Young Living’s Thieves Essential Oil blend, you can get a deep clean without dangerous or synthetic ingredients. This all-purpose cleaner can be used on any surface in your home for dusting, spot cleaning, scrubbing, stain remover, oven cleaner, or any other cleaning needed! Suggested dilution ratios on the label.
- Mirrors and Glass: newspaper and diluted vinegar, or 50:1 diluted Thieves Household Cleaner and water.
- Sinks and Bathrooms: 1/4 cup baking soda, 8 drops rosemary, eucalyptus, lemon, or tea tree essential oil, 3/4 cup of vinegar, 2 cups of hot water. Carefully combine, pour into a bottle, spray, let sit, rinse and wipe clean.
- Toilets: Vinegar and lemon essential oil.
- Furniture Polish: 2 cups of water, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1 Tablespoon of vinegar, 3 drops of lemon, pine, or rosemary essential oil.
- All-Purpose: 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 5-7 drops of Thieves or Lemon essential oil.
Your family’s health and wellness should your highest priority and we look forward to sharing with you more tips in how to do that as we continue this series in having a Toxin Free Family!
How do you protect your family’s health and wellness in the toxin clouded world we live in?