Last week’s post, Man Up! Essential Oils for Dudes – Part 1, has been one of our most popular posts yet and for which I am glad! It is time as men that we man up and wake up to the fact that we have a powerful tool available to us to support not only our own health and wellness, but also useful in a host of other ways.
More importantly, as we learn how the constituents in the oils works, our ability to aid our family in living healthy, vibrant, and abundant lives becomes a reality.
If you are still not yet convinced, read this post on 5 Reasons People Do Not Use Young Living Essential Oils or Essential Oils: Hype, Hoax, or Hope? with an open mind and you might be surprised at what you find!
Today we are going to look at some additional oils that help in the bedroom (yes we are going there!), a utilitarian use, digestive support, and oral health. Are you amazed at all that Essential Oils can do yet? You should be!
The Bedroom, Where the Magic Happens
Are things magical or mechanical in the bedroom for you and your spouse? The Chicago Tribune ran an article back in 2010 entitled “Sex and the Married Couple” that on average a married couple only are intimate on average 66 times a year or a little over once a week.
It goes on to say that one of the reasons us dudes may decline to be more actively sexually with our spouses may stem from performance, self-esteem, or self-confidence issues. If this is you then this next oil blend is going to be your new best friend!
- Shutran Essential Oil Blend – An empowering essential oil blend specially formulated for men to boost feelings of masculinity and confidence, Shutran™ is perfect for use as a cologne that appeals to both men and women. One of the main oils in this blend is Idaho Blue Spruce.
At the end of the Chicago Tribune article, it goes on to mention another big hurdle but real problem in the bedroom, sufficient lubrication. Nothing can put out the romantic fire quicker than rope burn! 🙂
The problem here though is there are a lot of “fixes” out there that contain synthetics and chemicals which you really don’t want around you to begin with, especially in sensitive areas! This is where another essential oil blend tool from Young Living comes into play.
- Sensation Massage Oil – inspires and encourages feelings of romance and youthfulness with the beautifully blended fragrances of Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Geranium, and other essential oils. This special blend leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft.
One of the main ingredients in this massage oils is Sensation Essential Oil Blend. Without going into the TMI space here, my wife first tried this blend when I was gone for the day at work. She called me and said basically, “OMG where are you?!?!” Let’s just say that she had certain feelings come out that only her husband could help her with! Combine that into a massage oil and well, you know where this leads!
The Duct Tape of Essential Oils
I had a friend in the military that said the Armed Forces are held together by sweat and duct tape! I don’t know how true that is, but we all know how duct tape can be utilized in so many different ways. That same thing can happen with this one Essential Oil we will discuss next. Lavender has often been described as the “Swiss-Army Knife” of essential oils. If that is the case, then Lemon has to be the “Duct Tape” of Essential Oils!
Lemon Essential Oil – Containing the naturally occurring constituent limonene, Lemon is a key component in many popular essential oil-infused products. Lemon is used worldwide in cleaners and soaps for its refreshing scent.
While we think of lemon juice concentrate that we see commonly, Lemon Essential Oils is actually cold-pressed out of the rind of the lemon, not using the meat of the lemon. That’s pretty manly…getting it from the rind!
Use Lemon Essential Oil to remove oil and grease stains, loosen rusty screws, remove gum or sticky residue, or take off stuck on bugs from the car grill or chrome bumper. Before you roll your eyes and click over to ESPN.com let me tell you my own, personal experience using Lemon Essential Oil.
I had to put on my car’s state registration sticker that affixes to the inside windshield here in TX. Now in TX it gets a little bit hot in the summertime in case you didn’t know (it’s over 100 F right now as I write this) so anything with any kind of adhesive become 10x harder to get off anything it has adhered to.
So I had scraped off the old sticker with a straight razor but was left with a big square patch of gummy adhesive that the more I tried to scrape off and rub off, the more it just spread and created a big mess on the very place I needed to put the new registration sticker. Then it hit me – Lemon Essential Oil is supposed to work magic on this type of thing (but like us dudes, I had my doubts, plus did I mention the abundance of sweat I now had and irritability factor the 100 degree heat had ratcheted up?!?).
I grabbed the bottle of Lemon Essential Oil and a small rag, dropped a few drops onto my finger, and rubbed it on to the sticky, gummy residue that had spread like something out of the Ghost Busters movie. What occurred has me floored to this day. The Lemon Essential Oil was literally eating through the residue like it was butter. A few more drops and rubbing around and I wiped the whole area clean with the rag! Guys, this stuff works!
It’s Always Time to Eat!
What man do you know doesn’t like to eat? I am a part of that vast population and why when my wife asks me what I want for dinner, my normal response is, “Food!” Not the response she is looking for! 🙂
Did you know there are Essential Oils, blends, and oil-infused products that can help you when you like food and it doesn’t like you back? Yep dudes, there is an Essential Oil/Blend/Product for that!
- Digize Vitality Essential Oil Blend – Use DiGize Vitality essential oil to help you enjoy each and every meal! This proprietary blend of Young Living essential oils is a great mealtime companion and addition to your wellness regimen.
- DiGize™ Vitality™ blends Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli essential oils for a fresh-tasting blend—a perfect follow-up to any meal. Some cultures munch on fennel seeds after meals, and the use of this potent plant even dates back to ancient Egypt. Experience the power of Fennel Vitality and these other essential oils for yourself!
- Take this best-selling essential oil blend with Essentialzymes-4™ or on its own before each meal to support your wellness regimen.* The versatility of DiGize Vitality oil means that you can take it in a gel capsule, mix it with water and Peppermint Vitality for a rejuvenating infused water, or combine it with honey for a sweet treat. For even more wellness support, take DiGize Vitality with Essentialzymes-4 at breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all-day support. DiGize Vitality is also a great complement to our supplements ComforTone® and JuvaTone®.
- Our proprietary DiGize Vitality oil blend includes the naturally occurring constituents menthol, citrol, and zingiberene.
- Essentialzymes-4 – Essentialzymes-4 is a multi-spectrum enzyme complex specially formulated to aid the critically needed digestion of dietary fats, proteins, fiber, and carbohydrates commonly found in the modern processed diet. The dual time-release technology releases the animal- and plant-based enzymes at separate times within the digestive tract, allowing for optimal nutrient absorption.
- Life 5 – A high-potency probiotic, Life 5™ represents the culmination of years of extensive research. Life 5 builds and restores core intestinal health by providing five clinically proven probiotic strains including two advanced super strains to enhance intestinal health, sustain energy and improve immunity. Life 5 contains 10 billion active cultures and improves colonization up to 10 times.
Fresh Breath, Clean Mouth
In our youngest days us guys usually had an aversion or at least tried to avoid two things. Bathing and brushing our teeth. If your mom was like my mom though, she didn’t let us get away with this and then as we entered those teenage years our grooming and cleanliness improved.
We don’t have time to explore grooming and essential oils (that’s next week!) but did want to close with a quick focus on oral care and essential oils, since we just talked about our love for eating, of course!
We have come a long way from chewing on twigs for cleaning our teeth but what we have replaced it with could have some serious implications to our health, especially in the area of fluoride infused toothpastes. While the American Dental Association still recommends fluoride in cavity prevention, there is a growing amount of evidence that fluoride may actually be of detriment to our health such as cited in this article from Dr. Mercola. I also wrote about having a Toxin Free Home so please make sure to read that for more on getting your home free of the chemical cloud we live in.
But whats a guy to do? Well, for me and my family, we have chosen toothpastes and mouthwash infused with Thieves Essential Oil blend.
- Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste – Harnessing the power of Thieves essential oil blend, Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste can help promote extra-clean teeth and gums. Free from fluoride, synthetic dyes, and preservatives, Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste is a great choice for the whole family for minty-fresh flavor and long-lasting fresh breath. With the help of natural abrasives, this top-selling toothpaste gently removes stains while polishing and brightening the appearance of teeth for a sparkling smile.
- Thieves Mouthwash – Thieves Fresh Essence Mouthwash is powered by Thieves essential oil blend for incredibly clean teeth and gums. Combined with naturally derived ingredients, Young Living’s mouthwash is safe and effective without any use of alcohol, synthetic dyes, or artificial flavors. The cool, invigorating taste is enhanced by Peppermint and Spearmint essential oils to deliver long-lasting fresh breath, making our mouthwash a valuable addition to your oral hygiene routine.
So guys, that about wraps up the second part of this series and I am excited to share more with you next week. Let me know what you think so far in the comments! Thanks for reading!