Did you know that one of the 3 gifts brought by the Magi to the Christ child, Frankincense, could hold powerful ways to support your body’s health and wellness? Frankincense Essential Oil has many uses and we hope you will learn how to use it with us and how amazing it really is!
Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) includes the naturally occurring constituent boswellic acid, and has a woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma. Diffuse Frankincense during meditation for grounding and purpose. Applying this oil topically may help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and is excellent to use for massage after activity.
“Harvesting Frankincense is quite a time consuming process. A deep incision is made into the trunk (actually several incisions per tree, although according to recent research more than 5 incisions causes considerable stress to the trees.) and a small piece of bark next to it is removed. This wounding causes the tree to ‘bleed’ a milky white substance that seals and heals the wound and prevents infection.
After three months the resin has hardened enough to be scraped off the trunk. However, to obtain the best quality Frankincense the process of wounding is repeated 3 times and only the resin collected from the third harvest is considered to be of superior quality. The solid resin is sorted into various qualities, some as tears, and some as grains of different colour and sizes. The quality is determined by the degree of opacity.” 1
How to Use Frankincense Essential Oil
- Invite elevated spiritual experiences every day by diffusing this oil in your home or office.
- Add Frankincense to your daytime lotion or night cream for a custom moisturizer that highlights your natural beauty.
- Incorporate Frankincense into your yoga ritual by diffusing this oil during your routine and following up with a post-practice massage.
- Inhale frankincense essential oil after lunch to spiritually refocus.
- Rub frankincense essential oil on the bottom of your feet to help alleviate nervous energy.
We continue to be amazed how Frankincense Essential Oil help support our health and wellness. What are some ways you are using it to support your’s?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1 Kat Morgenstern, “Frankincense,” https://www.sacredearth.com, (December 2006)