We are not into hype or fads. Not interested in the latest health or diet craze. Skepticism and arms-length approach are our norm. So what is it about Young Living Essential Oils that got our attention?
There is a growing body of facts that are showing that the “practice” of medicine is in many cases more of a “partnership” with Big Pharma. That is not to say that there are not genuine, caring doctors or other healthcare professionals out there as there are. But they are few and far between.
Many today in the healthcare profession are less and less about healthcare or wellness and more and more matching symptom with a medicine and never really trying to get to the bottom cause or root issue of the problem. Looking for the quickest remedy with little concern with long-term consequences or side effects.
Have you watched recent TV commercials for the drugs that are being pushed upon us? Half of the commercial seems to be a quick listing of all the potential side effects and counter productive impacts to our health with the encouragement to “Ask you doctor about….” Shouldn’t my doctor already know about how to treat whatever ailment I have?
This environment leaves our family with only one conclusion. It is our personal responsibility to educate ourselves and make decisions and use products that support our health and wellness. This allow us to balance our systems with natural, pure products that are not synthetic substitutes and alleviate concerns about harmful side effects.
As we continue to learn about Young Living Essential Oils, we are impressed and grateful more and more each day with the Farms the plants are grown at and the uncompromising commitment to the Seed to Seal process that ensures and compels confidence in our use of these products.
Use of Young Living Essential Oils and Oil Infused products opened our eyes to the forgotten treasure of wellness support our Creator gave to us
Genesis 1: 11-13 states, “And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening and there was morning, the third day.”
There is no doubt in our minds that man-kind was given tremendous, powerful tools by the Creator in the plants and trees he created that benefit our wellness in unparalleled ways. Early civilizations began to uncover the knowledge of the power in creation and used them in limited fashion in improving their own health and wellness.
In our series on Essential Oils in the Ancient World we explore this in more detail, and as time has gone on, science in our present day has begun to discover more and more the amazing benefits that Essential Oils have for the body in bringing support and balance to the body’s systems. We truly have a treasure with Essential Oils.
Where do we start on this? Buckle your seat belt as you will be shocked by the harmful substances most of us have in our home that are directly impacting our health and wellness including:
- Synthetic Pesticides – Chemical weed, fungus, and bug killers all fit under this category and should be avoided both inside and outside of your house. Researchers have linked these pesticides to various forms of cancer, including non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma; insecticides have been connected to brain damage in kids.
- Antibacterial Soap – The antimicrobial chemical triclosan, used in some toothpaste and antibacterial soaps, is believed to disrupt thyroid function and hormone levels in people; when it mixes into wastewater, it can cause sex changes in aquatic life. Some health experts believe that overuse of this and other antibacterial chemicals are promoting the growth of bacteria that are resistant to antibacterial treatment.
- Synthetic Fragrances – Fragrance may be the most common type of chemical in your house. Used in laundry detergents, fabric softeners, dryer sheets, cleaning supplies, disinfectants, air fresheners, deodorizers, shampoos, hair sprays, gels, lotions, sunscreens, soaps, perfumes, powders, and scented candles—and dozens of other products you may not know about—fragrances are a class of chemicals that are well worth the time and effort to avoid. The term “fragrance” or “parfum” on personal-care-product labels can be a cover for hundreds of harmful chemicals known to be carcinogens, endocrine disrupters, and reproductive toxicants, even at low levels.
- Harsh Cleaning Products – Isn’t it ironic that we actually contaminate our air when we use harsh disinfectants—some of which are known to cause cancer—to “clean” our homes? Ammonia can trigger asthma attacks, and harsh oven cleaners and drain openers can cause respiratory damage or burn the skin of children who come into contact with them.
- VOCs – Nasty indoor air-polluting culprits, volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, could be trashing your indoor air, especially in the kitchen, the basement, or even the laundry room. (Scented, petroleum-based laundry detergents contain high levels of VOCs.) These hazardous chemicals are linked to asthma and, in some instances, even cancer, and they add to indoor air pollution. Pressed wood and particle board cabinets and other furniture are big emitters of the VOC (and carcinogen) formaldehyde in the home, too.
We could probably go on and on and in our Toxin Free Home series we explore some of this more, but suffice it to say that with simply diffusing essential oils and using Thieves Household Cleaner has made a toxin free environment easy to accomplish, enjoyable, and most of all affordable!
Use of Young Living Essential Oils and Oil Infused products provided us a way to help and invest in the lives of others
You have probably heard the term, “Sharing is Caring,” and this is very true when it comes to Young Living Essential Oils. As we have consistently used and been blessed with the benefits of these oils, it is so easy to just listen to others and begin to share with them what we are experiencing.
We are not doctors and we don’t treat, cure, or prevent disease, but we love to share how these products support our body’s health and help us live above the wellness line. With Essential Oils we have the tools and ability to encourage others on their journey of wellness with education and information so that they become responsible for taking care of themselves instead of reliance on the whims and fancy of those whose motivation in many cases is the almighty dollar and not the continuing health of the person.
This is an exciting area of real health care, giving the body the resources it needs to support its vast systems and allow it to thrive in vitality and abundance. Who wouldn’t want to share and invest that kind of message and hope into the lives of others?
As stated at the beginning of this post, we approached the use of Essential Oils with a fair bit of skepticism. Would these “voodoo” oils really impact our health in a positive, tangible way? Boy were we surprised!
After about 2 years of consistent use starting in 2013, we sat down and begin compiling all of our medical bills over the past few years. After adding them all up and graphing it out we were completely shocked. Our medical bills reduced by over 50% over a two-year period and continues to positively impact our pocketbook to this day.
Where would you rather spend your money? Certainly not on medical expenses! The positive impact of essential oils on our health and wellness has far surpassed the investment we have made in purchasing them for our use. To say we have been convinced is an understatement and we hope this has helped you in making a decision to begin your journey into the use of Young Living Essential Oils for you and your family.
If you would like to get started, we encourage you to visit here about how to get started and get Essential Oils at the wholesale price as who wants to pay retail? Contact us if you have any questions, we love helping others get started on their journey!